The past month has been a busy one for the IPG Media Lab. Despite the behind-the-scene activities, the Lab managed to attend Tuesday’s WeWork Labs Med-Tech Demo Day. The demo day was a Shark Tank-style event led by Merck’s own Jaime Melendez along with leaders from Sharecare, Sherpaa, and Milestone Venture Partners. The event also featured six of New York’s most exciting medical-tech startups:
- Develop Link: is a data-driven platform providing healthcare infrastructure to developing worlds.
- Healogram: is simplifying healthcare monitoring through more efficient recovery tracking and analytics.
- Motesque: is tracking daily movement to better prevent and diagnose injuries.
- DICOM Grid: is a diagnostic imaging management and exchange.
- Healthify: is building healthcare infrastructure for vulnerable populations.
- Voyager Med: is connecting patients to medical providers around the US.
Each presenter only had three minutes to pitch their business, followed by a four-minute Q&A. In classic fashion the judges were relentless, firing questions to learn more about their growth strategy, business model, defensibility, current challenges, etc. When the dust settled, both Develop Link and Healogram emerged as winners by the judges’ votes.
At the end of the day, The WeWork Labs Med-Tech Demo Day was an extremely successful event. The presenters had opportunity to pitch to thought leaders within the Med-Tech community, and the audience learned about exciting advancements in the medical industry and how it’s reshaping the paradigm of traditional medical care.